ROCKALINGUA INC ("us", "we", or "our") operates the www.rockalingua.com website (the "Service").
Rockalingua Inc is committed to keeping all users’ personal information safe and private.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service is the www.rockalingua.com website operated by ROCKALINGUA INC
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile devices). Please refer to the "cookies" section below for detail information about cookies and how we iuse them.
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
Students will never have to provide email addresses, physical addresses, school names or phone numbers. Only teachers or families (that subscribe to our family membership) have to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to activate the membership and to contact you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information that we need is:
- Email address
- First name and last name (or initials if they do not want to enter full name and/or last name)
- We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters (to let you know about new teaching resources uploaded to our website) You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Rockalingua is FERPA and COPPA compliant.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and other laws have been established to protect the privacy of minors. At Rockalingua Inc we take the privacy rights of our users, especially children, very seriously, and abide by all federal and state laws and guidelines regarding youth privacy. The following outlines our general children’s privacy guidelines:
Rockalingua Inc. exists to serve educators, parents and students and strives to provide a safe, positive experience for children. To ensure this, we adhere to the following policies:
- We do not distribute any personally identifiable information about children to third parties.
- We do not allow students to publicly post or distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent.
- Rockalingua Inc. provides an online service marketed towards educators. The services we provide to students/minors are solely for the use and benefit of their school, and for no other commercial purpose. To that end, COPPA allows the school of the student/minor to act as the parent’s agent, and can consent to the collection of kid’s information on the parent’s behalf.
We may also collect the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit and the time spent on those pages.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
ROCKALINGUA INC uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news about our services. You can opt to not receive this information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
ROCKALINGUA INC may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Subscribers can request to review and delete the data related to their accounts at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
ROCKALINGUA INC will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, ROCKALINGUA INC may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
ROCKALINGUA INC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of ROCKALINGUA INC
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Data breach plan
Rockalingua has implemented administrative and technical safeguards it believes are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data and access credentials. However, given sufficient resources, a determined attacker could defeat those safeguards and may, as a result, gain access to the data we seek to protect. In the event a malicious attack is successful and user data is affected, we will immediately notify all affected customers.
"Do Not Track" Signals Under California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. ROCKALINGUA INC aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where ROCKALINGUA INC relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
PayPal or Braintree
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://rockalingua.com/contact
Rockalingua works on all platforms (windows, chromebook, Apple IOS, Apple MacOS, Android)